It is awful to say that in my short 22 years of living, suicide has effected in more ways than I know. I have lost two close childhood friends to suicide in just the last 4 years. Matt and Rae were two of the most passionate and caring people I have ever met and had everything in the world to live for. Matt and I were confirmed together and his mother was my sponsor. Rae and I played softball together for years and I doubt there was ever a person who smiled more than she. She even turned it around and coached little league for the younger players, encouraging them to be all that they could be as both a player and a person.
There are immeasurable reasons why an individual may choose suicide as an option, but there are far more reasons why we can help to show them that
LIFE is worth it. Please take the time this week, and every week, to show those people in your life that you love them. Hugs, kisses, handshakes, or a greeting card to an old friend may make all of the difference in their day and ultimately their decisions.
 |
| Rae and Katie on another wild ride for our HS Softball Team |
I have posted a number of references and resources on suicide prevention on my "What I 'Know.'" Please check them out and be aware of some of the common signs, though every individual is difference. As for this post, I will keep is short and sweet. Love more and show it as often as possible. It is NOT a sign of weakness to tell people how you feel about them. It is NEVER negative to care for someone, offer to help or let them know you are just a phone call away.
Love, Love, Love. Please care for one another. We all need friends and support, no matter how strong, secure or empowered you think you or others are.
For those of you who know me personally, know I am ALWAYS here to talk to or hug. For those of you who only know me from here, I am here for you too. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment