Today I figured the day was mostly a throwaway day. I slept in and fell into a very short period of insecurity before I decided to make a bit of pesto sauce. The sauce was supposed to be in abundance so I could freeze some of it, use a bit, and bring a little to my friends still at University who are now fending for themselves in their own kitchens.
About part of the way through my mom walked downstairs and asked if she might be able to use a bit of it for dinner this evening as she was having some friends over. Three loafs of bread, two pounds of pasta and one trip to the market later I have made a three course meal for four women and a few loafs of zucchini bread, my first batch of zucchini bread ever. Now too bad for the first one either if I do say so myself (and they did too haha).
![]() |
| Lauren holding our baby otter Thea |
To add to the unexpected pick-me-up of the day, my friend Lauren who was here for dinner with my mom is now working at a local goat farm. We used to be on staff together at the Nature Preserve my house is set behind. Tonight, she is leaving to Virginia to pick up a male goat that their farm is purchasing from another breeder.
HOP IN THE CAR!!!!
In a few minutes my mom, Lauren and I are heading to Virginia for a whirlwind trip to pick up a Buck! Who knew! Not that I have not had my fair share of animals in my lap in the past but this should be fun!
Unexpected adventures are the best thing in the world. Out of nowhere, all of a sudden a trip, event or just a small gathering of friends happens to brighten up the lives of everyone involved. A smile, a hug, or a trip to VA overnight makes every bit of difference :)



No comments:
Post a Comment