This, was a common day.
Today, I am sitting in my bedroom filling out another dozen or so applications for job openings as I wonder if any of the hundreds I have sent out since October ever found their way to an actual human being's hands before being thrown out, electronically of course.
While I was at school I was so involved and saw numerous people everyday who either needed me, needed help in some way, or just wanted a good conversation. In the case of working in ASL, some students did not even need to speak, we simply used our hands .I am so used to playing the multiple roles throughout even a single day that the thought of a full-time, 9-5 job has got me eating butterflies. So maybe, that isn't for me? Maybe, what I am looking for, is a little bit outside of the "normal" socially defined work-week.
The economy is shifting in all new directions and opening up new markets, jobs and opportunities that are going to force us to see things with a fresh eyes. It seems scary now, because it is unknown. But do a little research, find what you are passionate about, and begin to think outside of the box you already know has nowhere to go.
Trust your crazy roommates, friends, parents; anyone in your life you are close to. Talk things out with them and rely on them for support. I would not have made it through a single week without my roommates and their brownies.


No comments:
Post a Comment