Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Job Search Over?

So after ten months of revamping resumes, filling out applications and sifting through crazy processes, I found myself going a little bit crazy. I am an extremely fortunate person and can not be more thankful for the incredibly supportive family and group of friends that I have who keep me sane and stable (both mentally and financially). Though I keep small jobs to make ends meet, I have been in search of full-time employment for some time and as I began to think I would need to pick up another part-timer, I get a call from one of the positions I applied for.

It is a wonderful jobs with good benefits and I was ecstatic to get the call!!! I had also interview for a state position very close to home but had not heard back of yet so I decided to give them a call. Turns out, they were looking for me to come in for a second interview and now that I have an offer elsewhere, they asked me to come in right away. Why is it that people do not think to move things along until it is so close to too late I am running into the "Turn Only" sign?

After nearly a year I had no responses, and now, I am trying to decide if I should wait to see if this opportunity pans out, or if I should move about 400 miles away for the bird-in-hand. Crossroads are silly in that way aren't they? Things we never really sit down and think about until we are forced to. What are my priorities and what is going to both make me happy, and help me in my career.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should wait for a final answer from the second position, because for me, it is the more desired choice and closer to home. However, I can not risk losing both and being back to square one. Sometimes in life, we need to take what we have right away, and other times, waiting just might pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment