It seems funny timing that Apple Computers has suddenly noticed that I had sent in an application. A few days ago I received an email from an Apple recruiter that there are creative and "Genius" positions available in the Stamford/Greenwich area. This would have been perfect! . .. 3 weeks ago. Even though the positions are only opening now, and I am moving to my dream job, I started to wonder what it would be like to work for the company that I have worshipped since I was old enough to know what Mac, or Macintosh, was. Newly revamped and preferably called "Apple," I decided to go on the group interview anyways. There is no hard in interviewing, meeting people, and practicing interview skills. Each interview will be very different throughout my life so I might as well take the chance to practice!I also thought that it would not be a bad idea to have a part-time position for summers (when I am not working with my summer camp), holidays or weekends. I enjoy working and I LOVE Apple products. As a video editor I would not have learned and loved post-production as I do without them. I have always owned a Mac/Apple and always will. The interview itself was fun and its funny to see myself in 'professional attire,' knowing that this will be my day-to-day dress in less than a month. The college student in me is still alive and well as I enter the business/work world. But I am still open and more than willing to learn everything and anything I can!
![]() |
| "Real world" . . . here I come! |
This morning my learning process started with the continuing, and COMPLETION of my first 'Tee Shirt Quilt" :)I asked my mom for assistance as we turned the fabric over and I added the final stitches to a week long project of memories.
The top left corner and bottom right corner feature shirts from my graduating years at both The University of Connecticut and Westhill High School. All of the shirts in between mesh the eight years since I entered as a HS Frosh, right up to the day I graduated college.
It is scary, and refreshing to see home much I have grown and changed in those now seemingly short years. It also allows me to look forward to the next eight years with the same enthusiasm I had in my first days of these two worlds!

No comments:
Post a Comment